Celestron 52320 Landscout 10-30×50 Spotting Scope Review
The 52320 Landscout 10-30x50mm is one offering from Celestron that brought joy and excitement not just for the professionals but also for starters. This spotting scope is one of the most affordable brands of its class in the market today.
Veteran birders, hunters, nature trippers and other spotters and the novices alike were too excited when this product was first introduced into the Amazon market July of 2013. This Landscout Spotting Scope comes in 3 models (52324, 52322 and 52320), but the latter came out as one of the best-sellers under Amazon and still gaining grounds as of this writing.
The low price of this powerhouse scope does not mean it has low quality; in fact, more than 56% of its customers rated this product a 5-Star while more than 29% have it in 4-Star. That’s a big 85% total satisfaction rating compared to most expensive models with barely the same features. The Celestron 52320 comes in beautiful Army Green color.
Check out for more exciting details about the Celestron 52320 Landscout 10-30×50 Spotting Scope and discover why it is gaining popularity among nature lovers, only here:
1. Magnification Range, 50mm Aperture
This scope is has a magnification range of 10-30x through its zoom eyepiece giving more stable and cleared detail of the long range images. Its objective lens (aperture) is 50mm in diameter, fully-coated optics which adds up to the images’ brightness and sharpness resulting from increased light transmission.
The 50mm aperture uses Porro prisms (BK-7) which enhances more defined light-gathering capability especially in low-light conditions.
2. Angled Eyepiece
The eyepiece of the Landscout 52320 is angled at 45 degrees giving you the utmost convenience in viewing while you don’t need to lie flat to the ground or crawl under the scope while the target moves a lot. You can squat, sit, kneel and in every position you desire that could give total relaxation and comfort while watching your favorite scenery.
The zoom eyepiece brings you closer to where the action is. You can zoom-up this little wonder up to 30 times the actual image in long distance. The eyepiece has also wide field of view and detailed and sharp close-up viewing depending on the situations.
3. Slim and Lightweight
This product has the following dimensions: 2.4 X 5.1 X 8.75 inches. It weighs only 14.20 ounces. The unit is physically compact, much slimmer and lighter compared to other models of its class, making this “small but terrible” piece of engineering easier to take along in longer outdoor excursions and too cool for trekking especially in wilderness with rugged terrain.
4. Larger Anti-slip Focusing Wheel
The focusing knob of this spotter scope has a larger wheel than most of the models available. It has rubber grip and practically non-slip which could be manipulated smoothly with fingers to deliver the best zoom angle and brightness you desire. The wheel is made larger so that it could be turned slowly or otherwise when the need arises. And even you are wearing gloves, adjusting the zoom is not a problem.
5. Limited Lifetime Warranty
Dealers and mostly the manufacturer itself have offered a limited lifetime warranty on this product. For further details, you can check the included warranty card in the package when your purchase arrives at your doorstep.
6. Accessories Included
Upon purchase of the Celestron 52320 Landscout 10-30×50 Spotting Scope, you will receive the package maximum 5 working days and will include one unit of table-top tripod, lens cap and a soft carrying case for easy and secured transporting. The bag is shoulder mounted which is much convenient than hand carrying.
7. Other Important Specifications
This scope has an angular field of view (FOV) of 3.2-1.7 degrees; Linear FOV (at 1,000 yards) of 168-89ft. (56-29m); Exit pupil of 5-1.7mm (0.20in.); Eye Relief of 18-14mm; Binoculars’ Near Focus of 10ft. (3.05m).
Pros & Cons
- Rotating Table-top Tripod: The tripod could be mounted on the scope in just minutes and can be rotated at 360-degree which is perfect when a flock of birds suddenly fly off too fast, you could still follow their movement in details.
- Ideal from the trail to the shooting range: This scope could easily spot 5.56mm round holes from as far as 200 yards. Some users have testimonials regarding clear view of much smaller caliber like the .22 but at 100 to 175-yard range and in splatters.
- Ideal for both Outdoor and Indoor use: Some customers want to use this scope specifically outdoors and some want it otherwise. You don’t have to worry now because this spotting scope is designed and just perfect for both. But the manufacturer’s advice is not to use this product under heavy rain.
- Packable: The Landscout’s size is just perfect for packing and practically a space-saver when you would travel long distances to reach your destination for the viewing adventure while you have so many gears in your arsenal, this product will not overload your luggage.
- A Great Back-up Scope: When you do not want to carry larger and heavier scope, the Landscout 52320 is highly dependable as a back-up unit.
- Low Tripod: Though this product is lightweight, its included table-top tripod is also small (that is why it is called table-top). But if you want higher and more rigid tripod, you could order your preferred specifications separately.
Yes, the Celestron 52320 Landscout 10-30×50 Spotting Scope is really small, compact, lightweight, handy, easy and quick to set up, very affordable and best as back up unit for the lowly watchers. Whether you seek faraway places for best views of the wild, the birds, the eye-catching landscape or just targeting or stargazing indoors, this easy to carry spotting scope just fits the occasion .Better to grab one right now before stock runs out!