Celestron Ultima Zoom Spotting Scope Review
One of the most impressive optics in the industry, the Ultima Zoom Spotting Scope (100mm-45 Degree), is a product by Celestron, a California- based manufacturer of telescopes and distributor of binoculars, microscopes and spotting scopes and its accessories. Sport optics had been the company’s bread and butter since 1964.
The Celestron 52252 Spotting Scope is a 100mm Refractor Spotting Scope which is currently enjoying 58% and 30% 5-Star and 4-Star ratings, respectively, in the Amazon’s virtual store’s customer reviews. The reviews are from the more than 444 clients who purchased this amazing product produced and patented by Celestron.
The company is expecting a positive outlook and an upward trend in sales this year, as summer time approaches which are when people start to go outside for hunting, bird watching, landscaping, fishing, stargazing and other similar activities requiring long-range viewing.
This product is the largest aperture (diameter of the front lens) scope in the Ultima category, which offers more than 50% clearer and brighter images than the 80mm.
One thing great about using a spotting scope instead of a telescope in viewing objects, images and targets in long ranges is because this tool views these objects in an upright and true position. Find out more of the Ultima 100mm Spotting Scope’s brilliant designs and why customers are going crazy over this product.
1. 100mm Objective Lens, 45-Degree
As we have mentioned earlier, this spotting scope has the largest aperture scope in the Ultima line which is a 100mm refractor (objective lens) and has excellently multi-coated optics, compact design and comes with a standard 22-66x zooming eyepiece constructed in 45-degree inclination.
This large aperture allows more than 50% brightness compared to an 80mm enhancing the best performance (exemplary light-gathering capability and higher resolution) especially in low light surroundings such as when the sun begins to set and other similar conditions. The 45-degree angle of inclination of the eyepiece allows for easy access to the lens especially when you find it irritating and uncomfortable lying down most of the time.
2. Waterproof and Fog proof
While most telescopes used for more sophisticated viewing are rarely waterproof, this scope is proven to defy water on its exterior and interior parts. From its eyepiece to the lens, the scope is totally waterproof in any extreme weather condition. The rubber armored optical tube is designed to withstand any harsh effect in any unfriendly environment. The lenses are also fog proof in any environmental condition as they do not moist whether used in either hot or cold surroundings.
3. Multiple Coating Optics
The multi-coated optics that comes with the standard 22-66x zoom eyepiece is solidly wrapped up in a durable refractor style but portable in nature which is what great hunters of today prefer most. This compactness and portability enable nature watchers to move independently and stealthily.
4. Zoom Eyepiece
The zoom eyepiece of the Celestron 22-66×100 Spotting Scope angled at 45-degree has a grooved rotating knob which is so easy to manipulate and control compared to most cheap brands. The grooved is perfectly and symmetrically distanced to give you the precise and accurate zoom.
5. Scope Dimensions, Item Weight
This scope has the following dimensions: 7 X 7 X 22 inches and weighs 7 lbs. Some watchers find this weight much heavier than brands with smaller aperture size, but the weight compensates much for the more brightness and detailed resolution and its design performs well in longer range viewing which makes this product the best in all types of optical instrumentations.
6. Long Armored Body
At 22 inches, this scope has also one of the longest armored bodies in the industry which decrease the chances of “tunnel vision” frequently associated with smaller armored body.
7. Limited Lifetime Warranty
This product is guaranteed by its manufacturer and its responsible dealers of a limited lifetime warranty. You could check the details in the accompanying warranty card that comes with the package.
Pros & Cons
- High price in other virtual stores, lower price in Amazon: You may be surprised to find out that this item is price higher than in other online stores except in Amazon virtual store. It is practically the same model and the same manufacturer.
- Angled eyepiece is more comfortable: Most enthusiasts prefer an angled eyepiece because of its convenience when viewing. On this manner, squatting, sitting, kneeling and other positions are more convenient for the observers as they would not need to go lower to the ground all the time or crawl under the scope. Additionally, users need not to have higher tripods to observe nature and wildlife.
- Quick Targeting: The Celestron 52252 100mm Spotting Scope has a sight tube for speed targeting not readily available in cheap scopes.
- Applicable for Stargazing: The higher magnification of this scope makes it susceptible to look at the night sky and enjoy the view, especially the moon as this scope is capable of clear view, but only if the sky is also clear.
- Tripod not included: Unfortunately, the tripod is not included in this purchase, but luckily, a soft carrying case to keep the scope clean when not in use and also for easy portability, is included in the package, free of charge.
Touted as the largest aperture spotting scope in the Ultima series, the Celestron 52252-100mm Ultima Zoom boasts of the brightest and most detailed images on long range viewing. Though it is heavier than other models, the weight is justified by its increased capability without affecting much the cost. Customers are more convinced of this trait of the Celestron 52252 and its angled eyepiece just gave them the convenience of a lifetime in nature tripping.